Posted March 13, 2016
Graham Packaging, a leading innovator in plastic packaging is looking for a dynamic, solution-oriented individual to join our team as a Production Scheduler. This individual will be responsible for the scheduling of production lines and the development of inventory plans to maximize the plant’s running efficiency while minimizing labor and storage costs to be consistent with the plant goals. Develop and analyze longer term schedules. Assists in developing a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
This position will be located in Hazleton, PA.
For immediate consideration, please forward resume/inquiry to Ronda Evans, Sr. Recruiter, Graham Packaging –email@example.com.
- Develop a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences, lead times and working closely with Customer Service Representatives.
- Coordinate contingency plan due to equipment failure, material shortages, etc.
- Confers with department leaders to determine status of projects as assigned.
- Understand, follow and enforce all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understand, follow and enforce all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Complete training to attain safety, quality and production goals.
- Prepare procedures, work instructions, reports and documentation to assist internal and external customers.
- Participate in physical monthly, quarterly and year-end logistics and production physical audits following corporate guidelines.
- Prepares production reports and any other reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in production planning in fast-paced, multi-line manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, APICS certification a plus
- Customer facing experience highly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required, especially Excel
- SAP experience and knowledge preferred
- Must display a high level of organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Math skills and basic understanding of manufacturing resource planning (MRP) required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources as needed
- Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Results-oriented focus and approach
- An approach to work that includes initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to drive process improvement
- Willingness to seek professional growth and development as the scope of the position increases
- Uncompromised commitment to client focus and exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated integrity, maturity, professionalism, and sensitivity
Posted February 23, 2016
JOB TITLE: Reliability/Engineering Manager
CCL Tube, Wilkes-Barre
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 9, 2015
REPORTS TO: General Manager DEPARTMENT: Maintenance
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for managing and optimizing the site maintenance system/process and personnel (preventive, predictive, and corrective). Work in conjunction with other departments in the optimization of the support systems such as computerized maintenance management systems, spare parts inventory, planning and scheduling, Use key performance indicators metrics and equipment historical data analysis to improve the equipment reliability. Interfaces with manufacturing in optimizing the operational effectiveness and uptime of the equipment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with quality, production, and maintenance to support the site equipment reliability program.
- Lead continuous improvement process using equipment reliability improvement methodologies including process excellence tools, RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- Equipment Set-up, startup checks, trouble shooting, and repair.
- Optimize the spare parts inventory system and related processes to ensure that the inventory management system supports site reliability efforts.
- Capital project management.
- Actively interface with all levels of the organization within the facility and groups outside the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field preferably Engineering or 5 years of technical leadership experience
- Certification as a Maintenance Reliability Professional
- Experience with manufacturing methods and continuous improvement processes
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Project proficiency
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)
- Continued education in reliability applications, practices and management
- Knowledge of maintenance best practices and approaches utilized in a manufacturing environment,
- Familiar with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP)
- Knowledge of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards related to manufacturing
- Ability to apply and teach Reliability Centered Maintenance concepts, and effectively conduct training to advance the mill’s overall knowledge of reliability.
- A broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery, including conveyer systems, breakers, boilers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
- Intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to learn new complex applications
- Effective oral and written communications skills that support collaborative teamwork, and the ability to influence others.
- Proven analytical and field troubleshooting skills.
- Must enjoy creating value, be results focused, and have strong decision-making and organizational skills.
- Be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
1 Lasley Ave, Wilkes Barre, PA 18706, US
Tel +1 (570) 371-3560 Cell +1 (570) 899-9012
Job Posting: December 2, 2015
Large company located in the Allentown PA area is seeking a plant manager to oversee full operational scope of the facility including safety, environmental, quality, cost, productivity, planning, maintenance, customer service and scheduling.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management or similar field of study required
- Three (3) to five (5) years previous manufacturing leadership experience
For immediate consideration, please send a resume to Jonathan Bandel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 484-231-1552.